Based in Lannion, France
End of 2015
PC / Mac / Linux
Goetia is a point-and-click adventure game for PC and Mac – and, as in any adventure game, you’ll be seeking out clues, finding objects, and figuring out how to use or combine them in order to progress through the different areas, puzzles and encounters. However, there is one major difference compared to other adventure games that you might be used to. In Goetia, you play the part of Abigail, the ghost of a young lady. And as a ghost, you can walk through walls and fly through ceilings, you can explore everywhere as you see fit. But… to manipulate objects, you’ll have to possess them, just like a real poltergeist would. And once you possess an object, you can’t pass through walls anymore.
The ruins of any village are the silent testament to its final moments. The ruins of Oakmarsh are no different. Their telling silence, the dust blanketing what was once a quiet village near Coventry. If you walk among the ruins you can easily imagine what it was like. The small black dots of the Luftwaffe getting bigger by the minute. The whistling of the dive bombers approaching on that fateful day of February 1941. And if you touch the charred wood, you can even hear the warning calls and the waves of panic resonating through time. And then again, maybe you’ll hear nothing at all. Maybe you’ll only feel the weight of the silence, broken only by the wind in the branches of old trees. Maybe you’ll only feel the weight of this unanswered question: could that fateful attack explain what happened here? Is it enough to explain why the whole population fled the village? That’s when you look beyond the village limits, when you look up and see its shape: Blackwood Manor. Behind its gates, the silence of Oakmarsh takes on a different taste. Icy, metallic, faint, swollen with secrets that won’t stand still. Blackwood. The name of a manor and the family that lived within. A perverted and mad lineage, a clan whose final members devoted their life to mysticism and fanatical experiments. I am Abigail. Abigail Blackwood. Recently risen from the grave, I know nothing about the last 40 years of my family’s history... But obviously somebody is keen on seeing me lift the veil on what happened in Oakmarsh - to what led to the downfall of Blackwood Manor. And it seems like I have no choice in the matter…
- A 2D world of Victorian mystery.
- Over 90 rooms to explore.
- Five vast and diverse areas to discover - Blackwood Manor is surrounded by ruins, woods, caves and an abandoned village.
- A progressive-rock and ambient-inspired soundtrack.
- Use your ability to walk through walls in order to reach secret rooms and areas.
- Possess objects like a poltergeist to lift them, use them, combine them, make them float in the air, pile them up… well, you’re a ghost after all, behave like one!
- Solve puzzles in more than one way by discovering hidden rooms and special features, such as new ghostly powers.
- Delve into Blackwood’s story: 40 years have passed, and many things have changed since Abigail’s death.
- Feel free to explore! You can travel through the world of Goetia however you like - and if you get stuck, simply backtrack and explore another area.
Gameplay Video YouTube
Kickstarter campaign YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "European Indie Game Days: Artistic Award" Paris, december 2014
- "Support of the french CNC" Paris, january 2015
- "As soon as we saw Goetia submitted to Collective, we wanted to play the game. It’s a great blend of mystery and exploration, with a few nice twists – and we believe the team at Sushee can create a really nice experience."
- , Square-Enix
- "We've played the first demo of Goetia and enjoyed every single minute of it. We love the guys from Sushee and want to support them in any way we can! So help them to make their game possible!"
- , Deck13 (Lords of the Fallens)
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Started Januray 21 kickstarter.com.
Release Blog Post
The blog-post through which this game was released is available at vlambeer.com.
Sushee is a game studio developing mostly advergames, seriousgames and socialgames. Now, the studio is developing 2 games focused on traditional players. Sushee developed games for Red Bull, Orange, KFC amongst others.
More information on Sushee, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Lead Artist / Conceptor
Emilie Le Borgne
Communication and PR